Saturday, September 11, 2004

Painful Anniversary

Painful moments in time moving so swiftly
Leaving us almost no way to respond quickly
The Twins stood tall and proud
Out of the east came an evil that was arrogant & loud

Evil is as evil does moving stealthly through our world
Not caring for the innocent among us...claiming God
is on their side
For all that they proclaim that they are right
It seems that all they do is run and hide

The skyline is still bright...but I know in my heart it's
missing the brightest of bright lights
Tributes are fine, but I still shed a tear for all the folks
who will never hear or feel their loved ones ever and 
that's a sin
We must stay strong, united in the belief that one day
we will win.

God Bless America

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very touching my dear.

Anonymous said...

Very touching poem....and so appropriate.

I have also written a peom in my journal.

Marsha