Friday, September 3, 2004

Norfolk

Happy faces, happy places

Childhood tears and childhood fears,

Pink trees, blue skies and a hummingbird nearby.

Childhood comes by once to bring us joy and games

For when we try to return  - we find that no one remains.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

When the snows came, they fell fairy-like upon the ground.  Their crystals shimmering like the midnight stars..

But their beauty was nearly gone by sunrise, for people with their heavy boots and toiling ways did not take time to gaze

Upon the beauty of the fallen maze.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Love to me is like a flickering flame.  The center of the candle is warm like my heart.

But, beware, the cold wind that steals the lovely light.  It leaves nought but a burnt wick.

My heart is as a huge tear...It always weeps when your'e  not near.

Loneliness can make a happy smile grow dim.  It can also make a sunny day turn grim....Alas, these mere words cannot describe the aching pain that loneliness is bringing.  But, then again, who can recall the pain of love when your heart is singing.

**I lived near Forest Hills in Queens, New York and a terrible murder was committed...her name I believe was Kitty  but I wrote this for her....

To take a life...suddenly with a knife!  No thought of mercy was given in any part.   So deeply did the knife enter her heart.   She looked for help but none was found....and so she slowly died upon the ground.  The neighbors claimed they did not see.    They claimed they did not hear..........but all was said out of fear.   Years of shame with no one to blame all because no one cared.

********************************************************

Hold me, enfold me..love me as I have never been loved before.   Kiss my lips, caress my face gently with your finger tips, that I would adore.

Speak to me with your mind and soul as well as your body.  Make me feel as no one has before...I have a great love to give and without giving I cannot live........find me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too started writting poetry as a child........with so many moves in my youth I somehow lost them........what a wonderful way to go back in time and get to know the younger child in you!  Thanks for sharing!