Monday, October 11, 2004

Superman

Up, up and away...I think the Gods smiled that day
A fine, strong young man to play a part
To forever find a cherished place within our hearts
He played a role that was big and bold
He fought against evil and wouldn't let it take hold

He lived his life without fear
Never backing down from any challenge he
held dear
Struck down quickly in the prime of life
He struggled valiantly against the strife
We, as a nation watched in awe
totally amazed at what we saw

I want to remember him flying through the sky
A symbol in red & blue....of courage supreme
He tried his best, fought so hard
Sometimes you  just have to ask "Why?"

In my  minds eye I picture him "flying" through
Heaven's Gate
Again fighting the good fight...only to win
Sorry to lose such a good soul
never did he hate
One day people will begin to heal
and it will not be considered a sin

Up, Up and Away!  My friend.......


 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we all loved  Christopher. and we will miss him deeply like u i had my own tales of a real life super man the man who helped me have the courage to walk again. gbu him his family and u for mentioning him.
in respect and  friendship
aaron.

Anonymous said...

Well put...