Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Family

Family memories have always meant so much to me
Captured forever young on video for all to see
Glimpses of moments caught in time..a wedding, a birth
and a christening day..
Oh, Lord, how wonderful it would be to hold the years
that pass at bay.

Sitting, watching memories past...living, loving and
laughing out loud.
Being in the moment of joy once again, wondering
where is the silver cloud?
To view an image oh so real, wanting to touch,
hold, and feel.

The mirror doesn't lie but the camera does
Because everyone stays young...
To see them talk, smile and laugh...a little dance perhaps?
If I knew then what I know now..could I have held them
closer?  Stayed a little longer?

Wishing that you could go back through time
Hold your family close and tell them "I love you, your mine".
For all their odd, quirky ways....a loving family is worth it's weight in gold.
That's what I wish I had done if I had been that bold.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiments!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and precious!  :)

Anonymous said...

this is so nice of u to do because I loved the man of steel

Please visit my site journals.aol.com/samsion/AHaggoodperday
Also are u a teenager because I got confused in ur description