Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Growing Up

Growing up believing in Popeye
Those were the innocent days, what a guy!
Grandmom always said....
Eat your spinach and behave
Look at you! You've grown three inches,
Let's go to the beach and catch a wave!

Oh, a day at the beach was exceedingly fun
so much space and everywhere to run
Laying on an old green army blanket
Running soft sand thru my hands, fingers
catching a wonderful tiny shell memory
lingers there yet.

Lying on my stomach, watching my mini
world thru arms crossed holding my face.
Sunlight shines so greatly making the
grains of sand lovely a breathtaking place.
Imagining a fairy castle in such a tiny space
In my mind I shrink, I melt I am one with
the sand.

I envision a special place all misty green
covered in dew...with a unicorn wading
in a babbling brook bringing love to quite a few.
If you look closely you will see how magnificient
our world could be.
Peaceful beauty too perfect to see.

 

 

 


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful !
http://journals.aol.com/deabvt/DeablerVT/
V

Anonymous said...

Yes yes, need those innocent days
to reminisce of times yet gone
when all the world was in our heads
and nothing seemed to go wrong.

Sand castles on the beach or Popeye
made our lives full and a special treat.
So by the time we lost our innocence
memories were stored and complete.

Good stuff, Sandi

Spencer

http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/SpencersPlace/

Anonymous said...

Wow, you reminded me of my childhood.  It was nice going back there.
Thanks for visiting my journal today. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I envisioned myself as Popeye as well. Thought if I'd eat enough spinnach I too could be strong and powerful enough to put an end to all my enemies!

Oh yeah on hot, humid, miserable summer days I'd beg my mom to go to the beach. However. we didn't have a care and my dad worked long hours so often my pleas went unanswered. But those times we went were marvelous!
Michael