Monday, September 12, 2005

Bits and Pieces

Bits and pieces hang swinging high in trees
Life treasures so carelessly tossed.
Faces staring blankly in two's and three's.
Stumble along intently seeking relief, looking
for the lost.

Gentle people old, young - hearts melted.
Fear on the faces of the children I behold.

Wring their hands at such a sight
Mighty men try with all their might
to rescue the most.

Scenes of devastation as the city is lost
Nothing could stop it, nature gone wild
at such a cost.

Oh, my heart weeps at what I must view.
The City with soul shall rise again, as
a Phoenix from the ashes nothing less will do.

Oh, ye Gods of fate one would go and one
would stay.
How high will the count go?
Believe me I don't want to know.
Dear Lord there has to be a better way and
hear our prayers for better days

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have cried from all the pain
have shriveled with angst
at the thought of so much loss
and what they are up against.

The thought of my Aunt and cousins
keeps it all so close to my heart
no matter how I think about it
way too many lives torn apart.

I am recovering from a fire at home
working to make it back alright.
But tears just roll with the thought
of the suffering in the middle of the night.

Can you imagine not having a home
to go back to or in which to rest.
I can't help but to pray for them all
and beg "Our Father" to make them blessed.


I feel your concern and appreciate the sharing.

Spencer
http://journals.aol.com/yeolecontractor/SpencersPlace/


Anonymous said...

Wow..powerful stuff.  Excellent, thank you for sharing.

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

Sandi, this says it all...i went to new orleans to help but was told to return...the organization which tol me to go was OPEN YOUR HOME.com the disorganiztion is incredible. On my return I contacted Catholic Charities..Not a word after taking all my info...it makes you wonder...the problem is the red tape...in the meantime the innocent are walking around in shock.The grief I feel is overwhelming...and now poor Promise...we must continue to pray...cMp

Anonymous said...

Ya know what Sandi?
I have been struck by the fact that so many children and innocents are being lost in the many tragedies that have occurred this year- the tsunami, the recent earthquake, New Orleans, Africa, the bridge that was blown up in Iraq last month, etc. etc.
As a Christian I was taught about this thing called the rapture where the good are going to suddenly be taken out of the earth before the final tribulation. Although I always thought it was all hocus-pocus, I am just starting to wonder if something is going on here- a bigger master plan than we can possibly comprehend.
The pictures this week from the earthquake were utterly devastating and I cry with you.
Your poem was lovely in spite of its sadness.
Maryanne

Anonymous said...

very poignant Sandi
nat